"Because I am in fear for my life."


We started off in a caravan of 4 cars, headed to a small resort on Moses lake in Eastern WA. It was a lot like playing a game of Tetris. To stay together, well, we couldn't lose each other in the traffic..so..urt urt urt...we kept with each other one car at a time. lol. We finally got there after a few stops along the way. We set up and headed strait for the lake. Ok, this was interesting... for how huge the lake was...the swim area was a mucky mess. But the kiddos liked it. Jameson was really quite the fish once he learned to use the life jacket to his advantage. First he went face first with it. Floating there. I was like "Great, he can float to death!" Time after time I pulled him up until he got the hang of it. Then a swimming he went. I was thrown into the 3 foot deep swim area by my cousin Mark, skidding my butt along the bottom, filling my bathing suit with muddy sand. That was interesting...hahahaha! Thanks Mark! The kids thought it was funny anyways. Next was Nicks 5th birthday party. It was a really fun time with cake, gifts and kids roasting marsh mellows.
Then it was bedtime for Bonzos. The kids fell asleep pretty much right off. It was after 10 and they were pretty sleepy from all of the fun that went on that day. Me, well, I couldn't fall asleep with the drama around me and the neighbors being drunk and loud. Then finally, after 12, I fell asleep. NOT FOR LONG! I was woken up by some pretty heavy thunder. That's right. I said thunder! And lightning. NICE! Not really! After listening and peering out my tent window getting all freaked out by how close the strikes were, I grabbed the kiddos and threw them into the truck as fast as I could. I tried to wake up my mom so she could close the tailgate and keep from getting wet under her canopy. No such luck. So I left her and Tom to fend for themselves. Once in, It rained cats and dogs! It was so stormy. Hunter said "Mom, how do I know if I am going to pass out?" I asked why. He said "Because I am in fear for my life." He held up his hands for a dramatic effect. I laughed and said we were fine here in the truck. Looking out the window...I saw a tent go rolling by. This is a true story! A tent...blew by! We sat and waited until the storm passed. None of us could go back to sleep. It was about 4:30am and I finally put the kids back in to the tent. It was still dry inside. Then about a half hour in, it started up again. We stayed in the tent. It was not too long and it went away again. 6:00am, I woke up in a puddle. ug. yep. I packed up our stuff, hugged my mom, grabbed the kids and drove our butts back home. Hunter and I voted and it was official. We wanted to go. That was the trip. Home by 11:00 and couldn't have been happier to lay down!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Past Blogs

Show more