I have a surprise for you!

Today I picked up my boys from daycare. I had a surprise for Hunter but for him to know what it was, he had to wait until we got home and had our dinner. Shepard's pie. Hunter started bouncing around in the parking lot.  His big blue eyes lit up as he yelled "Mom, I cant wait that long! Now you have to tell me!" I said he had to wait. I couldn't help but smile. Jameson just lolly-gagged along without a care in the world. Very normal for him. His head in the clouds.

We came home to 3 or so inches of snow and the house was warm and cozy already. Thank you Mumphy! Dinner was re-heating in the oven. We all ate at the table together and finally, I told Hunter the surprise.
"I signed you up for flag football today!" His eyes got big. Huge. He smiled ear to ear. "I finally get to do sports again?!" I said Yes indeed and that the Boys and Girls club would work with us if his dad didn't want to follow my lead. Hunter couldn't stop smiling. Holding back his laughter he plowed down his dinner and was excited for the next treat. Visiting with the little, soft, funny Chickens.
After dinner was done we ventured through the snow and to the coop. With the heat lamp lighting it in a dull red we sat in the straw and talked to the chicks. Hunter filled his hands with chicken feed and sat down. All the babies gathered around him. Eating away. Hunter sat with a smile and names them. He decided that we couldn't tell them apart enough to give each one its own name yet so he named 2 groups. The red ones he named "Sunshine" and the black ones he named "Wildflower". He was so proud of himself. "They are just so darn cute" he kept saying over and over. 
Hunter is hoping for a snow day tomorrow. Snowmen and snowball fights? He can only hope.
Inside we went. Movie time with Finding Nemo. Bath time with bubbles to the rim. Bed time with two boys cuddled up on the top bunk. An amazing night with sweet dreams afoot.
Good night my little men. Good night moon.

Comments

Popular Posts

Past Blogs

Show more