With a dash of silliness and some goofballs thrown in.

I woke up to white coating the world outside my window. I was really excited to see that it had snowed. And not just snowed...It SNOWED! A good foot on the ground! Hunter's wish had come true. I was out of bed earlier and faster this morning, smiling as I went into the boys room to tell them that they get to stay home form school and daycare today. They were both happy with my news.
I went into the kitchen, started the bacon and coffee and strolled around the house finishing up any chores left behind.
The boys ate all the bacon in one foul swoop and Mumphy and I were left bacon less. Well, that's not entirely true. I was able to snag a piece. Coffee did us just fine though.
We were then bundled up like marsh mellows and ventured into the snow filled yard. It was snowman and fort building time. Walls went up and snowballs were made, the war is yet to begin though. It got too cold and hungry out to complete our battle just yet. We now have quite a tall snowman in the yard. I would say hes about 6'5" or so. His name is Bob...and yes, we couldn't find any other name that was as fitting.

Next we needed to check on the Rabbits and Chickie's. We made sure they had dry beds, food and clean water. They are just so darn cute! I had to sit and talk to them a bit. Its so warm and comfy in the straw by the heat lamp. I would sleep out there if I really could stand to. I'm sure the boys would join me.

The boys decided to go back out and chance the small blizzard we were having after they had a movie, a nap, some warm up time by the fire and their tunnies filled. Jameson became a target for flying snowballs and could care less. Hunter couldn't hit the slow moving target from that distance.
Soon everyone was back in the house again.  


It was now time to officially relax. We felt like we had just had quite the work out. Packing in firewood, building "un-penetrable" forts and a huge guard snowman, walking to the store for milk and snacks...it was quite the fun filled day with a dash of silliness and some goofballs thrown in.
Then... To top off the blustery blizzard that hung around our yard all day, the power went out! Thank goodness for the large collection of candles that filled the house with the scents of vanilla, Cinnamon, berries and fruit. And Playdoh...Thank you playdoh! The boys were happy to play by candlelight. Next was Tippy and Mumphy's story time. First was the Cars book and then Dr. Seuss. Along with some Itsy bitys spider and Ants go marching songs for the ever so "sweet" Jameson from Mommy. He sure loves those songs over and over...and over....
Next was bedtime by flashlight and a few candles. The boys were ready. So was I.
Live. Love. Laugh.

Comments

  1. I love that typical little boy photo with the band-aid knee! Precious! You are a good mom, Jo!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Past Blogs

Show more