Pop it. Lock it. Polka-dot it!

Every day starts off with the alarm buzz-buzzing in my ear. I hit the snooze. Habit. "I love you"s, cuddles and kisses from Greg. Then I roll my tired butt outta bed and get ready for work. Singing in the bathroom. Its a no stress morning most mornings. Sometimes Jameson likes to play wiggle worm and squiggle under pillows on the couch to avoid the dressing procedure. But that soon comes to an end when I use my mom voice. Hunter dresses himself, now, with the door closed. I remember when he used to run around in circles naked after bath time. He is getting a little shy these days. Breakfast. Coffee. Hugs and kisses for Greg, ambush. Off we go. Daycare drop. More hugs. Kisses. Loves. Misses. Off I go to workey work. The drive with a random mix, singing my heart out like nobody is watching...trust me, the way I look going down the road singing...there IS dancing...They look. Its my time. Not Mom time. Not Girlfriend time. Not friend time. Not worker bee time. ME Me Me time! It may be only 25 minutes, but that's all I need.
Pop it. Lock it. Polka-dot it!
"Good morning, Thank you for calling Karmart Volkswagen, how may I direct your call?" over and over again. I sometimes say it when I'm not even answering the phone....Awwwwkward for everyone... Starbucks delivery. Bull of Red. Water?...sometimes. iPod going. Sally sings, forever ruining songs. Angela laughing at us goofballs. Enrique tries to teach me Spanish but it may as well be Chinese. No hablo espanol! This place looks like a Dr. office with all the records behind me. A Dr. office for your car. 1:00 Lunch. Then Finally! 5:30. Close up shop. Another 25 minute drive to go back into Johanna mode. Done.
Pick up the kiddlins from Jackson (thank god for his help). Bracing myself for the leg tackle from the bangarang. "Mama!!!!" Let the fun begin. To the farm? To the park? Home? Flag football? Lots to do, so little time to do it. Pick one? So, they do. We go. We have fun. Dinner time? Yep. What do my little sidekicks want for dinner? Like a cd skipping Jameson says "tater tots", never fails and Hunter wants mac and cheese. I make something else. They forget and eat something healthy and filling. Yum. Full tummies. Fire going. Baths. Jammies. Cuddle bugs are my favorite kinds of bugs! Greg's home. Everyone wants to tell Greg about their day. Greg tells us of his day as a farmer. Toothies brushed. Good night books. Pray. Good night moon. Lights out. I love my life. My day. Each and every one. Just a few more years of practice and design. Perfect! Blessed to have such an amazing life soundtrack these days.

Comments

Popular Posts

Past Blogs

Show more