Hit the Road

Friday, July 22, 2011
Come on 5:30!! Sally and I were antsy in our pantsy! We had plans for the weekend. Hurry up work day!!
Finally! Out the VW door we flew, To Sally's house we went. Powdered our faces. Quick change out of the work attire. Into the Land Rover with Dennis. Beer Tasting in Lake Stevens. Wow. We sure got a buzz off all the Free beer. We could not get over how many kinds of beer there was there! Some tasted phenomenal. Some were so-so. Some, not so much. I even had one that tasted like weed. Seriously. Dennis and I both agreed it smelled and tasted like Pot!
Next stop. TerraCotta Red in Everett. Amazing food! Amazing company. Another beer, shared with Sally. Laughs. Back to Sally's house, thankful Dennis was the DD for the night. To bed we went. (old ladies to bed after too much beer by 11:30pm, Priceless)

Saturday, July 23, 2011
I woke to an obnoxious as all hell alarm clock going off. Followed by a musical jingle from Sally's cell phone. What the heck!? Sally! Turn that crap off! After repeating this for about an hour I finally looked at what time it was...4:00 in the morning!? Sally! Why!? She told me then that it was a half an hour fast...my lord! Turn it off. She didn't. Then the one next to my head started going off. 5:00! That's it. Turn that crap off. Never did. So finally we rolled out of bed at 6am and made some coffee. Got ready to roll for our road trip to Portland. Blew up the air mattress. Made our bed for tonight's sleep. Threw some clothes in. Jumped our mini-skirt and short-short asses in the 4runner and Hit the Road. Sun shining!
Coffee, Coffee, Redbull. Kenny Chesney rocking the radio. Windows down. Singing away. Laughing.
Talking about all the stuff and things. Oregon!
We stopped at a local Brewery near the Rose Garden and grabbed some beers. Salads and some water. It was SO HOT out! Woohoo! Played some football in the parking lot, killing time. Filled our dollar store pink and green cups with some PBR. Tail-gated it up before the concert. The Wolf Beer Garden provided us with some company for a good 2 hours before the show. Cassi and Carl. 
Time now for Kenny! Kenny! Kenny!
In we went. Plopped down in whatever seats we saw fit for us and downed some Nachos. Now...remember...we have been drinking all day. Minimal food. Nachos sounded Amazing! Where are the condiments!? There was a limited selection for nachos-NONE. I decide to cover mine with onion and Sour Kraut. Sally covers hers with Catchup and Relish! GROSS! What were we thinking!? It was soooo good though! Then we sat through Uncle Kracker who was ok. Hes Good live. Then it was Billy Currington. He sounds great. Looks like he could use some grooming though. Very Poodle-Esq. Then, on came Kenny! I think we were pretty much Kenny Chesneyd out at that point. Sally fell asleep! Asleep! LOL!! Same ol show. We decided to leave and make a head for home. On the road by 10:40pm. I had sobered up now. 4, almost 5 hours since our beer garden overload. The 4runner is a stick....Just like riding a bike...Just went along my way. Sally was amazed that I did so well after I told her I don't drive a stick anymore. Sally passed out! Worthless co-pilot! Ha! I drove about an hour and a half and decided that we would have to pull into the rest area and sleep (remember, I have been up since about 3:00am!). That was our goal, Sleep at a rest area or a hotel parking lot. Said a prayer that we wake up in the morning not murdered. Went to sleep!

Sunday, July 24, 2011
8:00am, Suns up. Headed North I5. Starbucks we went. Freeway Entrance...yeah Right!? To Hwy 8 / 101! Why do they label those things the same!? 50 miles in the wrong direction. Sally thought there were more trees then she remembered. And those Bulls, how did we miss them the 1st time? I just shrugged. Maybe I should also pay attention?? "Johanna, why did you NOT tell my I had dried catchup on my chin!?" "Sally, I did not see it! IT.WAS.DARK! and today...it looks like a freckle!" We found our way back, Finally. Rocking out to I'm on a boat on the iPod. I jumped into my car and went home after our unloading of the 4Runner. In the door. Longest shower of my life!
Such a FUN time! Just AMAZINGLY FUN!!!! Who knew everything could be so great and full of giggling being so happy in life!?

Comments

Popular Posts

Past Blogs

Show more