MY EYES LIT UP THE ROOM and I said "YES"

January 19, 2016 {About 9:00 pm}


I joked along as he said.. "You would say yes to me pulling a ring out of my pocket and asking you to marry me?" as he was getting up from the couch we sat next to each other on. I laughed and sarcastically said "YES! Yes, I would!" and went back whatever twiddling on my phone I was doing. Not taking it in any way serious because of all the snarky jokes I have been giving him for the last week.
Then THIS happened as he came around the couch to me!!
"Should I get down on one knee...?" {Chris getting down on one knee}
"...and pull a ring out of my pocket?" {Chris pulls out a beautiful ring}
"...and ask you to marry me?! ...." {Ring out and held out to me}
"...Will you marry me?"
MY EYES LIT UP THE ROOM and I screamed out "YES" {Of course!! YES!} and then I wrapped myself up in him after I jumped from the couch.
My fiance. Kiss after kiss. Smiles and laughs. Hugging and kissing and hugging. I teared up and almost burst out into an excited sob. I love you's I love you's I love you's over and over. I can not put into words the emotions that shot through my body.
It was a perfect proposal, in a perfect style, for us. Afterwords I kept giggling and smiling. We kept talking about how unexpected and fun that was. Best friends, making a commitment to spend the rest of our lives together. It was so wonderful!



Comments

Popular Posts

Past Blogs

Show more