Sharing my husband with a wildfire


August 16, 2017

The fear for my husbands safety resonates in me through my day. I think about him packing his fire pack in his fire gear, in this heat...alongside a fire. Going long hours "Holding the line" and keeping down the spot fires.
I pray for my husband an all of the other men and women that are fighting with this monster. It causes a fear that is unexplainable, partly because a wildfire is something that has no fear. It can rip my life apart if it wants to. It is 100% unpredictable.
I MISS HIM. I miss him so much it hurts. Not knowing how he is doing for days at a time kills me. 
His silly face makes me smile. His surprise phone calls and texts make my stomach fill with butterflies and my heart take a big sigh of relief. I can't wait to have him home. Safe.

Comments

Popular Posts

Past Blogs

Show more