All thumbs

Its the strangest thing. I hold my thumbs. Usually when I'm nervous or uneasy. Lately I have found myself holding my thumb a lot. Its almost an all day thing. I don't know if I'm doing it because something is bothering me... Or... If it has just become a silly habit. My son Hunter does the same thing. Its cute when I catch him. It makes me laugh. Like Mother, like Son. Its our version of a security blancket.
It ties into my family issues. My "daddy" issues. I haven't seen him in about a year now. Needless to say, I don't care anymore. But there is that gap, a hole, an emptyness. I think that's why I have such a hard time connecting to men emotionally and where my abandonment issues come from. Commitment issues? And it is why I let men walk all over me. Why I'm so passive. Why I held on to love for so long. I'll put the blame on that for now. No pill, counsoling or theropy will move that stone today.

Comments

Popular Posts

Past Blogs

Show more