I bounced all around giggling "We have a baby!"

Just as I had predicted. May 18. Into labor and off to the hospital she went. Feeshy even thought Johanna was right as she was starting to push. That makes me smile! A little bird told me? I'll go with that!
Garrett Joeseph Dehon was born May 18, 2011. 10:04pm. 8pounds 4ounces, 20inches long. Lots and lots of brown hair. Eye color is dark but yet to be pinned down, could be dark blue (mine?), could be dark brown, dark green...? I'll go with Hazel for now. A combination station.
I received a text message at 10:35pm from Feeshy's cell. WHAT!? I was asleep!? Who said she could have him while I was asleep? OH! That's right, I did say May 18th! Shoot!
May 19, 2011 I woke up to this great news! I jumped up and down, ran down the hall, and jumped on Greg still in bed. I bounced all around giggling "We have a baby!" He laughed at me and said that was exciting news. I sure thought so. I started the texting frenzy. Feeshy responded to every question, still awake from all the testing and checking and stuff and things. She was running on a sleepless night. All of a sudden my phone wrang and it was Felicia with the details. I was off like a dirty shirt!


Hunter, Jameson and I piled into the car. We were soon at destination Garrett. They were doing some hearing tests so we went to the waiting room, soon Nate came and took us back to see the new little one. Nate had a new, proud daddy smile on. I chatted away with him about the experience of his first little baby. He said how good Felicia did and how good their little boy is doing. All was well. Smiles.
Andrea and little Zea-man were visiting, I was happy to see their smiling faces as I walked through the door. Hugging Feeshy I said my congrats and Hellos. Jamers and Hunter sat along side me and we held the beautiful...did I say beautiful?...YES! BEAUTIFUL, PERFECT baby boy! Good job you two! Jameson kept "shushhhh"ing me and said in a very small voice, over and over, finger to his lips "Shhhhh...baby sleeping."
What a wonderful visit. Chatting about the event. The expected. unexpected. I love to see them both so happy. Nate couldn't stop smiling. So proud. 
Congratulations on your new little baby boy! I could not be happier for you both. Just perfect!

Comments

Popular Posts

Past Blogs

Show more