Her grass whistled, her fingers fluttering as she played her tune...

"What? You have never been adventuring before!?" Oh, well, let me tell you....Adventuring is when you find a place, any place at all and walk through the roads and paths. Make your own path. Your own Map. Looking for something New, Old, Fun or Filled with water. Rocks to skip. Grasses to whistle between your fingers. Noises to make. Fishies. Bugs. Sticks. Snakes. Cat Tails. Wish Makers.

I grabbed a piece of grass. I pulled it tight between my thumbs and blew with all my might. Nothing. Not even a lil squeak. To say the least, I was upset. I tried and tried. FINALLY! A squeak whistled out. We all stopped. Laughing! Ashley pulled a much larger piece of grass following my lead. Her luck was better. Her grass whistled, her fingers fluttering as she played her tune. Again, I was not happy. I ran over, stomping my feet as I went. Grabbing that large piece of grass from the ground I frantically put it between my fingers. My excitement grew as Ashley still belted out her magical grassy tune. I blew. It whistled! I played my song. So happy! 
The boys put their hands together, mimicking us and played their pretty little noises, making our Grassy little band complete.

"Do you hear that boys? Do you hear the wind?!" I yelled. They stopped from running down the old rail road track remains. Looked up. Listened. "Do you hear it talking? Its talking to you." They heard it, coming down the path, and it told them to Run! Run like the wind. They did.

It was a day full of magic, music and laughter! I could not have asked for a better day with my beautiful friend and our boys!
"Yeah, Your cat tail looks Good!"

Comments

  1. Jo, you HAVE to write all these stories down BESIDES on your blog. Keep them safe in black and white. Paper copy. Hard copy. In your hand copy. They are precious!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Past Blogs

Show more