I remember when I was gasoline and you were a Hurricane.

I remember when I was gasoline. I sang along to Jason Aldean at the top of my lungs. It was summer. Long platinum hair. Forced smile on. I was different then. I had no idea how I got there. Drowning my liver. It was somewhat of an introduction to life...that summer was.
I soon turned into gasoline only to be ignited going through a Hurricane. Welcoming the storm.
 One day that summer... One. The best day. Driving that truck, the radio lost its lyrics over the highest point of that pass. That did not keep the silence. Toes dancing. Laughing. For that split moment my life made no sense at all. Oddly enough, I knew what I wanted.
I want to adventure. A life of my very own, to share. I want to write my own story on a clean slate. I want to read a good book drinking lemonade on a tire swing.
I remember when I was gasoline and you were a Hurricane.

Comments

Popular Posts

Past Blogs

Show more