::Flood walkin' short::

Today was a day to stand against the measuring board. This is the 2 x 4 that has been in my hands since Hunter was born. We have everyone from Hunter to Reese to Jameson...even Barbie and Puppy face Baylor. It is so fun to see how we have grown. This morning was a big day! Hunter put on his size 10 pants and they were way too short. Flood walkin' short. I laughed and pulled out the size 12's that I bought in anticipation of this day. On they went after a spin in the dryer to get them toasty for the cold school morning. Perfect fit! WAIT A SEC! Perfect fit? My soon to be 11 year old is in size 12's already!? Oh man....
Up against the board he went. 1 WHOLE INCH! In one month exactly. Hunter beamed with a smile ear to ear and we sang a silly "I grew an inch song". Up next- Jameson. 1/2 an INCH in less than a month! (Jameson is a huge fan of being measured, its a every couple day thing) Holy Toledo!
My boys are growing like weeds! Out of control weeds! The funny thing is, I can always tell when we should be measured. I can tell in the hugs. In the airplane rides. They get heavier and their limbs get longer as they are lifted up in the air. Laughing. Staying on Mommy's feet for a trip through the air and some giggly turbulence. I love my little boys. Soon to be BIG boys!! Cherishing every moment. Every day!



Comments

Popular Posts

Past Blogs

Show more