::It's like an old hand me down pair of genes::


Our home is set up to be very cabin country chic. Its cozy and comfy. Tons of pillows. Blankets. I love RUFFLES, rust and anything old. New. Loved or trashed. I'm a re-do-er. I'll paint it. Strip it. Or even make it into something else entirely. It's a creative gift that I was given from my beautiful Mommy and my Grandma Loopie. "Artsy-Fartsy" is what we call it in our family. It's like an old hand me down pair of genes (pun intended). Not something that you can teach. Lucky.
I'm not a re-creation station by profession though. I could never do it as a living. Well. I could. I just don't want to. Its too much work (insert eye roll and small giggle). So... I admire my own work. My kids' creativity. And. It is all made real with the help of our handy man Daddy Greg.
We are all plum full of ideas. Never ending ideas. Hunter Draws and builds. Jameson Colors and Creates. Daddy Greg Builds, Cuts, screws and Nails it all together. Mommy Paints, Cuts, Stitches and makes it all pretty. As a family we have created quite the masterpiece! A Happy Home indeed.
I did, really, let my little artist Jameson paint this mirror. I touched up the drips at the end (not many). I asked him to make it look rustic for me. He did a perfect job! Nothing more rustic than a few missed spots and brush strokes. I love it. Looking at it every day makes me smile. Such a proud mommy!

Comments

Popular Posts

Past Blogs

Show more